On Friday night, we had a little bit of toner trouble. Matthew Petschl could not join me tonight to cover this week’s tech news but that’s fine, I did it anyway, but this time with proper volume and more toner. It’s been a busy week for both of us with finals, so we were a little slow to gather the news, so I just picked some relatively random stories from the short time I had in between studying. Additionally, you must experience the toner disaster.
In the news this week:
- Amazon’s Kindle Fire lets kids charge up a storm
- Kindle Fire software update coming in less than two weeks, performance and UI improvements promised
- Amazon Kindle Fire redirects all Android Market requests to Amazon App Store
- Apple may launch new MacBook Pro with 2880 by 1800 display resolution, say sources
- Summer 2011 MacBook Air 11-inch & 13-inch Pixel Densities
- Verizon ‘Very Serious’ About Making Bid for Netflix, Banker Says
In the lame lightening round, I also mention:
- AdBlock Plus to let ‘acceptable ads’ through to users by default
- HP to Contribute webOS to Open Source
- Free Calling Within Us and Canada
It wasn’t fantastic, but it was a good episode. You should listen to this week’s episode right now, for free, exclusively.
Or you can download this week’s episode right now, for free, exclusively.