One of my friends told me that my old High School had a fire last week. He didn’t have any details as to what happened so I waited for my Google Alert on “central high school saint paul” to kick-in and find the information for me.
Last Wednesday, the summer-school school day had to cut their classes short as per Fire Department instructions and shuffle their students out to Saint Paul Police buses to go home early. The cause of a mysterious smell and bellowing smoke was the elevator.
Zaccard confirmed that the smoke was caused by an overheated elevator motor. He says there was no fire, and no one was injured in the incident.
In the summer when I work for community education, I use the elevator and it would be just like to have a class on Wednesday (when I did usually host a class) and have it on fire! Not really a surprise, that elevator is seriously scary. I wonder now though if the school has once again been left without an elevator.