Comments

1. I have some dust in mine too, but I have an HTC Hero.
    The dust is in the left bottom corner too, but it seems that the screen has 3 different layers of glass, because those dust particles seem to be in 2 layers.
    It happened after the first month and it has now been almost 10 months. It hasn’t bother me much only when I replace the screen protector and see the details of the screen.

It is weird. I don’t like it. Makes me thing that there might be a whole somewhere and the case is not tight enough. (or might might of happened the few times I took of the battery).

But I’ll just wait to get a new plan in a couple of months with new phone.

I never searched about this, but now that I see your post it’s good too see I am not the only one, but it still sucks.

March 9, 2011 at 10:37 am |
  2. Mark:

I have the same problem and same phone, except the dust is on the bottom right side. It’s VERY annoying, especially in sunlight. I have to be inside otherwise i can’t stop noticing it lol.

March 10, 2011 at 3:43 pm |
  3. allen:

i have the same problem with my lg optimus v it has dust in the lower left hand corner right by the sd card slot i thought i was the only one they need to fix this asap the phone is great but i hate looking at dust under my screen but the dust only shows in bright sunlight other than that i cant see it

March 12, 2011 at 11:04 am |
  4. Christine:

I have an Optimus T and it too has dust accumulating down on the lower left corner. At first I decided to not report it but then I called the service provider and informed them of the issue. They are sending a replacement but after reading many comments on different websites regarding this dust issue, I suspect it will happen again.

March 14, 2011 at 8:46 am |
  5. Ross:

I have the Virgin Optimus V and also have the dust in the lower left hand corner of the screen. I have had the phone about 1 month and just last week noticed this dust. I love the phone for the most part except for the way 3G really sucks the battery down.

April 21, 2011 at 6:29 am |
  6. Arun:

I had the same problem. So what does lg people do they blow the dust off and put a ugly finger print under the screen. Then asked them the same question twice will the dust return they promptly say no sir with a stupid simple of their face And also i asked them what was the problem they say “don’t you worry sir we fixed it “. One week past that event in the morning sun i notice the freaking problem again. The dust started to accumulate again now from all sides. I have loaded a custom rom and i have to remove it, Flash the original (which is risky), then give it to them they will blow the dust off and then again the dust shall accumulate.

April 21, 2011 at 7:35 am |
  7. Fritz:

Optimus V, dust under the glass in the bottom right. I presume it’s tiny bits of lint from being carried around in my pocket.

I had this same problem with my previous phone (an LG 225 flip-phone), but on that one I could open the screen housing and blow it out with compressed air. Pretty sure that’s not an option with the Optimus V.

April 25, 2011 at 8:52 am |
  8. Todd:

I have the Optimus V and the same problem. I first noticed it after a couple of weeks. I’m wondering if there’s anyone who has this phone who can report that they don’t have any dust under the screen. I don’t imagine they’d ever find this forum, though.

May 1, 2011 at 7:32 am |
  9. kishore:

What is the solution of the problem?

June 8, 2011 at 1:16 am |
  10. Andrew:

Just so you know, you can call virgin mobile and they will send you a replacement for free, with the 1-year manufacturer warranty. They just mail the phone to you and you send the old one back in a pre-paid envelope. Their number is 1-888-332-1122. This way you won’t have to deal with bringing it to the store, and you won’t lose anymore money. Hope I helped!

June 27, 2011 at 4:37 pm |
  11. ben:

I have an LG Optimus-T, and have massive amounts of dust on the bottom right corner.

It’s ***EXTREMELY** distracting in sunlight.. I’m thinking of opening it up or spraying it with some computer-safe spray.

July 1, 2011 at 7:13 pm |