I recently reinstalled my server and of course that means I needed to recreate my databases. I thought the obvious command,
symfony doctrine:build-db would do it for me but I was wrong! It returned this horrible error.
ryan@ryan-desktop:~/www/mr_app$ ./symfony doctrine:build-db
>> doctrine Creating “dev” environment “doctrine” database
>> doctrine SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1…EATE DATABASE mr_app”
Since I already had all my models built, I didn’t have to do it again. So the following code was enough to fix the database problem.
./symfony doctrine:build --sql
I also had some additional fixture data I waded injected into my database, so I ran that too with
For me that’s all there was too the SQLSTATE[HY000] error, but I think the problem will vary. It seems like a common enough error.