Comments

1. Даже и не докопаешься.

May 26, 2009 at 2:05 am |
  2. hey i was looking for a solution to the directory mismatch error too and found a solution at http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?p=108259#p108259 and it works fine for me. It’s just a missing registry key. i guess you might not need this since you’re using AMPstart but thought I’d drop the solution here in case you’re interested.

June 5, 2009 at 8:31 am |
  3. Is there different link to ampstart because the one posted is no longer working. I’ve been trying to figure out why this has not been working for me for the last six hours.

Thanx

June 13, 2009 at 4:18 pm |
  4. David:

I installed XAMPP using portable apps and I had the same problem, or so I thought. Apache would not start, by MySql appeared to be. The problem was actually Skype 3.0. Skype 3.0 was using port 80 as a backup port. Three solutions:
    1) Exit out of Skype while using XAMPP.
    2) Start Skype, go to Tools>Options>Advanced>Connection and uncheck the “Use port 80 and 443….” check box.
    3) Modify your XAMPP configurations so its Apache runs on a different port. I didn’t do this because it leaves you having to type in “localhost:nnn”, to use XAMPP. (‘nnn’ is the port number you have chosen.)

July 17, 2009 at 8:10 pm |
  5. Svarog:

The best solution is (at least for Vista and Win 7) described here:

July 24, 2009 at 4:42 pm |
  6. I added the registry key as norman suggested, but then I realized it really was Skype!

January 20, 2010 at 1:26 pm |
  7. i thought i should add that XAMPP is extremely portable and you should use the setup file in the newer versions, it will re find the directories and fix all the settings, i do so often enough. i dont have any servers with php 5.3.x so i dropped down to an earlier version of xampp with php 5.2.x since i dont wanna fuss with trying to set another php version.
    Setup.bat i think is what you wanna click if you move your xampp instal and get errors.

February 3, 2011 at 11:57 am |