I was writing a paper for my English class. Our school follows MLA which is a major formatting system for papers of any type. I actually enjoy the formatting for the paper while I detest the formatting for the bibliography but that’s besides the point.
I give a few suggestions and also a good resource below.
- Your paper should be double spaced. Everything. If you have second-liners in your bibliography though, those probably should be.
- Microsoft Word will set your paragraph space to add an extra six pixels. Set it to 0 if you want more points.
- Microsoft Word might not be on 1 inch margins. Set it to be 1 inch or fail.
- On the top of the paper, put your name, enter, put your teachers name, enter, put your class name, enter and finally, the date of which you wrote the paper.
- The title can actually be centered. People never do though, so just try it.
You can read the following resource, MLA Formatting and Style Guide for more information though.