The (fluff)Grabber seemingly had over 72,000 (fluff)Books recorded. That wasn’t an accurate count because the number of removed (fluff)Books was also included. The system has a different counting method now and it claims to now have over 66,000 (fluff)Books recorded internally. More than 5,000 have been deleted from the system do to being removed as applications from facebook or by other means.
Since my last post a few days ago, I’ve been burning the midnight oil. I’ve made some big changes that may or may not do anything for users directly. None of the following things are finalized but they’re in the works.
- Less bad (fluff)Books! – The old system used a cleaning script that I personally had to run every once and a while, normally every other day. The new system does this automatically based on how many people are using the system.
- Better Browse page! – The old browse page at low resolutions would be out of alignment. In this version, that’s been fixed. Along with that, the Tools are now enclosed in a collapsible accordion. There are a few new tools for users including submit my fluff, remove a broken fluff and feedback!
- Exciting new grabber features! – I’ve neglected the grabber portion of the (fluff)Grabber for some time now. It’s mostly the same, I rewrote it a couple of months ago actually. The big noticeable difference is that it’s much faster! The old grabber used 850 byte gifs for it’s tracking image. The new system uses something much smaller. A 35 byte gif! That’s a 2300 percent difference. Huge time saving.
- Probably more! – I’m not sure exactly when the new version will be done, but it’ll be great when it’s out there for everyone!
Thanks for waiting everyone!